Spinning Babies® is a unique approach to birth created by midwife Gail Tully, which optimizes the physical relationship between the bodies of the mother and baby for the easing of childbirth. Spinning Babies is a new paradigm that takes clues from baby’s position and station for natural, physiological solutions. Try it in any birth setting, childbirth program, or pain management plan.
Spinning Babies® is a paradigm, an approach. Spinning Babies® is how we are Changing Birth on Earth.
- Align the uterus so baby can curl and enter the pelvis as a small, compact – and more active participant.
- Release tight ligaments or muscles which may pull or twist may relieve pelvic pain now or discomfort during birth.
- Support what’s loose in the womb or pelvis with a pregnancy belt.
- Open the pelvis to let the baby move down during the birth process.
- Share birth wisdom with parents and providers in ever-deepening layers of understanding birth
Begin with activities to support the range of motion and alignment, to reach a healthy mix of mobility and stability for the pelvis. Comfort and function return to the body.
Babies have a very important and active role during labor — your job is to dilate; your baby’s job is to rotate! Babies must navigate through three levels of your pelvis to be born. The Spinning Babies® Birth Preparation Class is an ideal opportunity to learn techniques to help bring balance to your body and address any restrictions in your pelvis for an easier birth. Together, you and your birth partner can use these techniques before and during labor to help make room for your baby. After this class, you will better understand how your baby can find optimal positions for labor, and make birth less painful— even pleasurable! For expectant parents only.
In 2018, Candace trained under Gail Tully, the visionary behind Spinning Babies®, to become one of the first and only Spinning Babies Certified Parent Educators in the Greater Houston area. As a result of her displayed proficiency, she has earned the privilege to share this fascinating and pertinent wisdom with pregnant parents throughout the area.