DUE TO ITS VIRTUAL NATURE, THIS CLASS IS AVAILABLE TO BIRTH GIVERS NEAR AND FAR!
As one of Houston’s first Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educators, I am delighted to bring you the new Online Guided Spinning Babies® Parent Class. Though the format may be different from the in-person class, the content, connection, and loving support are the same.
Why Spinning Babies®?
Spinning Babies provides an approach for comfort and ease in pregnancy and childbirth, highlighting your baby’s active role. “The baby’s job in labor is to rotate, the mother’s job is to dilate!” We believe that a baby’s position can significantly impact when labor begins and how it progresses. Yet, thinking only of the size of the baby or the pelvis isn’t enough. Birth anatomy can be flexible. Both the uterus and the pelvis have more available room when the muscles and other soft tissues (ligaments and fascia) are balanced.
The Parent Class introduces parents to the basic techniques for comfort in pregnancy and ease in birth. This three-hour class adds confidence and skills for the birth partner and reassurance for the birthing mother.
What you’ll learn in the Online Guided Spinning Babies® Parent Class:
- How your birth partner can help you in pregnancy and birth using the Spinning Babies® approach.
- Practical and detailed preparation to balance the body before and during labor- the Three Sisters of Balance and much more.
- Help your baby into an optimal position to fit your pelvis
- The dynamics of labor and birth- how your body and baby work together
- Targeted solutions for if labor seems long, painful, or has a stall, by opening the three levels of the pelvis to let the baby come through more easily, at each stage of labor
- Connecting with your baby and understanding their position with Belly Mapping
The Online Guided Spinning Babies® Class includes:
- A 15-minute Zoom introduction
- Streaming/download of the Spinning Babies® Parent Class video
- One-on-one training with a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator
- Access to the Spinning Babies® Online Parent Portal, including the Parent Class Companion e-book and handouts
- Ongoing support available
Together you and your birth partner can use these techniques before and during labor. Spinning Babies® reveals how the baby can find optimal positions and birth less painful, and even pleasurable!