Empowering Birth Doula Care
Doula Care includes:
- Two prenatal visits during which we will discuss your birth preferences, how you cope with pain, comfort measures, and how I can best facilitate an empowered and satisfying birth experience by providing information, encouragement, and support as you navigate your journey through pregnancy.
- Birth Plan development, outlining your preferences, etc.
- Newborn and Postpartum support plans
- Support for Dad/partner
- Phone and email support
- Access to a lending library
- Professional referrals
- Unlimited labor and delivery support (no time clause)
- Some photography/videography
- 1-2 hours of postpartum care, immediately following the birth
- Initial breastfeeding assistance
- One postpartum follow-up visit in your home
The on-call window for your birth begins 2-weeks* before your estimated due date until baby is born– because babies come when they do, not when they’re due!
**Payment plans accepted. Discount available to repeat doula clients.
A note from Candace:
I believe childbirth is the essence of nature’s beauty in its purest form. A sacred rite of passage. Birth unlocks a secret compartment of a woman’s being which was undiscovered until the profound moment that she becomes a mother. The birth of each child will forever influence the mental and physical health of the mother, baby, and family.
My role as a doula is to enhance this sacred experience and promote an overall positive outcome for you and your family- by providing information, non-judgemental support, and by helping you access your inner wisdom and strength. My role is not to speak for you but rather to help you find and nurture your own voice.
By working together, we can create a safe and relaxed environment around birth, giving you confidence in your body and belief in yourself.